Member Sign-in | Cart (0 Items)
Your Cart
Price Qty Total
$0.00

2017 Chenin Blanc, 750 ml   

This wine is bright with minerality, Meyer lemon, and peach.

Vineyard Notes: Outside of France’s Loire Valley, the Clarksburg AVA is one of the only locations where the Chenin Blanc grape shows true varietal character. These vineyards thrive in the Sacramento delta’s long hot summer days, nicely moderated by the surrounding mass of water, cool breezes from San Pablo Bay, and regular morning fogs, producing fruit that is consistently brightly acidic as well as full of fruit & mineral characteristics. Sutter Ranch Vineyard is at the southern end of the appellation, close to San Pablo bay & tucked between sloughs. Wilson Vineyard’s Block 20 is more northerly, just south of West Sacramento & so a touch warmer.

Cellar Notes: Wilson & Sutter Ranch VIneyards came in on successive days. Both were destemmed & pressed to tank for cold settling. Wilson Vineyard fruit was fermented in stainless steel.  Approximately 25% of the Sutter Ranch was also stainless fermented, with the remaining 75% fermented in neutral oak. Once dry, the wines were racked off lees immediately. Wine in barrel went through spontaneous malolactic fermentation.

Tasting Notes: The nose starts with Meyer lemon, peach & kaffir lime. There is a whiff of cream & a slightly chalky minerality as well. In the mouth it is crisp & refreshing, with more tart lemon & white nectarine fruits. Acidity & minerality are present in equal amounts, leaving a tingle on your tongue & throat.

 

Rating:

Customer Favorite

Vintage:

2017

Varietal:

Chenin Blanc

Appellation:

Clarksburg

Release Date:

3/23/18

Alcohol:

11.5%